You may have heard about the 20-minute rule – you can do anything for 20 minutes no matter how overwhelming it may seem. Now do that for 30 consecutive days and you’ve developed a new habit. But have you ever considered what deliberately adding 20 minutes a day of play and fun could do for your life?
Change your life
If you really want to create something different for yourself, this could be your ticket. You know what they say, if you want to change your life, you need to change things in your life. And what could be more fun than consciously adding 20 minutes of play into each and every day? Do this and here’s what you can expect to happen:
- From a playful space, more good will come into all areas of your life. It’s the Law of Attraction – like attracts like. So create more joy in your life through play and you’ll get more joy back.
- You’ll be more creative. Somehow on the way to adulthood many of us have lost our creativity that came so easily when we were younger. And how did we express this creativity as kids? Through play! But expect this to play out into the rest of your life. After all, we are all creators.
- You make more money when you have more fun. It’s true. Try it. What do the guru’s all say? Follow your bliss, do what you love, and the money will come.
- Get ready for a less stressful life. The result? You’ll laugh more and stop taking life so seriously. And the bonus is – this leads to better health.
- Strengthen your relationships. Remember the early days of your relationship? You did things together. You played! Start doing that again and see your relationship get stronger than ever.
Easy ways to add play to your day
So ask yourself, how can I add a lot more fun to my life? And then listen. But if you need some inspiration try some of these ideas:
- Put some music on and dance. That’s right. Let loose and just let it go. You’ll feel amazing.
- Do something new. Get out of that box. Try something you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t taken the time to do it. Or do something completely random. How about finding your inner cheese maker?
- Host a regular game night with friends. This way you can impact their lives too.
- Head down to the beach or your local park to throw a Frisbee or fly a kite with friends or your significant other.
- Love to cook? How about taking an online cooking course? Rouxbe is one of our favourites.
- Or learn to play that instrument you’ve always wanted to learn. There are great websites that can help you learn to read music. Check this one out.
- Everyone has that friend who is fun and crazy and isn’t afraid to express who they are. Spend more time with them.
- Be a tourist in your own town. See how many new things you can find to do that you’ve never tried before.
Now go ahead. Add those large doses of joy to your day and see what happens. We promise you’ll be amazed.
We are happy to share our ideas with you on incorporating more fun and play into your day. Subscribe to our weekly email for inspiration and ideas on how to get out of the box and experience more!